2012 – 2013 NHL Regular Season
The end of the NHL regular season that was (or almost wasn’t due to the lockout) is in the books. I did manage to maintain my version of a protest against the NHL and NHLPA for putting us through the lockout (you can read that blog here). In the past I’ve done a playoff prediction for each round (you can see how I did in 2012 here) and I always enjoy the friendly debate it brings up with friends. Just to be clear, as a Vancouver Canucks fan, they will be my pick in every round! So here we go…
2013 NHL Playoff Predictions
Series Results in Red
1. Chicago Blackhawks vs. 8. Minnesota Wild – Chicago Blackhawks in 5 Chicago wins 4 -1
- Chicago is that good and I just don’t think the Wild are good enough.
2. Anaheim Ducks vs. 7. Detroit Red Wings – Detroit Red Wings in 6 Detroit wins 4 -3
- The Red Wings just might have one more run in them and the Ducks aren’t playing their best heading into the playoffs going 5-4-1 in their last 10.
3. Vancouver Canucks vs. 6. San Jose Sharks – Vancouver Canucks in 6 San Jose wins 4 -0
- Vancouver Canucks of course! I don’t think the Sharks are really a team built for the playoffs and their track record proves that. Niemi standing on his head will allow this one to go 6 games.
4. St. Louis Blues vs. 5. Los Angeles Kings – Los Angeles Kings in 7 LA wins 4 – 2
- This is going to be a physical series that should go the distance but I think the Kings’ experience from a year ago will be the difference.
1. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 8. New York Islanders – Pittsburgh Penguins in 4 Pittsburgh wins 4 – 2
- The Pens are just that good and the Islanders are not good enough! Enough said.
2. Montreal Canadians vs. 7. Ottawa Senators – Montreal Canadians in 6 Ottawa wins 4 – 1
- This is going to come down to goalies, if Price is good the Habs will take it, if not it is anyone’s guess. Anderson may steal a game or two for the Sens.
3. Washington Capitals vs. 6. New York Rangers – New York Rangers in 6 New York wins 4 – 3
- The Caps played their way to the #3 seed in the very weak Southeast division and are probably over-rated. The Rangers could have a good run if Lundqvist gets hot and should take this series.
4. Boston Bruins vs. 5. Toronto Maple Leafs – Boston Bruins in 5 Boston wins 4 – 3
- The Leafs are just not that good and the Bruins will come out hungry after a poor finish to the season.
Vancouver Canucks Playoff Schedule
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 – Sharks @ Canucks, 7:30pm, TSN
Friday, May 3, 2013 – Sharks @ Canucks, 7:00pm, TSN
Sunday, May 5, 2013, Canucks @ Sharks, 7:00pm, TSN
Tuesday, May 7, 2013, Canucks @ Sharks, 7:00pm, TSN
Thursday, May 9, 2013, Sharks @ Ducks, 7:00pm, TSN *
Saturday, May 11, 2013, Canucks @ Ducks, TBD, TSN *
Monday, May 13, 2013, Sharks @ Canucks, TBD, TSN *
* if necessary
Jeff & Tara Ciecko of CK Golf Solutions write two blogs on their website, one is their 19th Hole Blog where they share personal experiences and the Biz Blog where they share business best practices and golf industry related opinions. They have owned and operated CK Golf Solutions for 5 1/2 years.