Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Wascana Country Club
As Regina’s only private golf club, the Wascana Country Club has long been dedicated to family principles and providing the highest level of hospitality for members and their guests. For more than 100 years, the Club’s peaceful wetlands setting, unsurpassed facilities, exquisite food and beverage opportunities and championship golf have made it one of the premier country clubs to belong. The Wascana has played host to numerous provincial and national championships, as well as the prestigious 2018 CP Women’s Open, won by Canadian golf superstar Brooke Henderson.
After 12 successful years with the Club, our current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has announced that he will be retiring at the end of his contract in January 2021. He will continue to lead the Wascana Country Club through this year’s golf season as we actively seek out his successor.
As the CEO, you will report directly to the Board of Directors, with complete oversight of all golf operations. This includes golf, golf course maintenance, professional shop, food and beverage, marketing and administration departments. You will successfully execute the strategic plan on behalf of the board, provide input into the strategic plan objectives, and develop and execute an annual operating budget that is financially responsible to the members.
- Business Acumen: manage the financial aspects of the club operations as it relates to budgeting, forecasting, and long-range capital and strategic planning
- Leadership: inspire the management team to uphold the highest club standards to the membership and their guests
- Communication: open to multiple avenues of providing information and can demonstrate to the membership and management team their willingness for engagement and to gain feedback and support
- Service Standards: ensure an elevated level of service delivery in all departments, appropriate to the high standards of the Wascana club environment
- Marketing: proactively develop sales strategies related to the retention and attraction of new members to the Wascana
- Innovation: ability to bring new opportunities to the Wascana for communication and sales efforts using new technology or platforms
- A proven track record of strong financial and operational skills
- The ability to build, and lead, a comprehensive membership, banquet and event sales strategy
- 10 years of senior leadership experience
- An energetic, personable, professional, service-orientated and relationship building attitude that is respectful of employees and members
- Experience in working with board governance
- A 4-year degree in Business, Management and/or Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation is preferred
- Previous job experience within the golf industry is an asset, but not a requirement, strong food and beverage management skills are required
This position comes with an excellent compensation package (with a base salary starting from $110,000 and up based on qualifications) consistent with industry standards and with the status and quality of the Wascana Country Club. This position will commence on or around December 1, 2020.
Please forward all resumes along with a detailed cover letter to:
Attention: Jeff Ciecko, Consultant
Email: [email protected]
Subject Line: Wascana CEO Application
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit their resumes and detailed cover letter which addresses their qualifications and interest in the position by August 21, 2020. Selected short-listed candidates may be subject to both a criminal record and credit check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We, Jeff and Tara Ciecko of CK Golf write two blogs, one is our 19th Hole Blog where we share personal experiences and the other an Industry Blog where we comment on general business and internet marketing best practices, sales strategies and give golf industry related opinions. We have recently started a Zoom call video series of Golf Industry Conversations. We have owned CK Golf for 12 years and provide business services to the golf and other industries. As of July 31, 2016 our life and our business became ‘location independent’. Our 19th Hole Blog is about the places we visit and the things we do. If you have any questions or comments, or happen to be in the same location as us please reach out and contact us anytime.