What is Pinterest?
- Pinterest is a pinboard-style social sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies etc.
- Pinterest users can upload, save, sort and manage images and other media content.
- Once uploaded or shared on Pinterest images become known as pins,which the user can place on themed boards. Users can like and share other users’ pins.
- View our Pinterest page to get the idea.
Who is using Pinterest?
- Pinterest had more than 7 million unique visitors in December 2011 (according to Shareaholic).
- In January 2012 comScore reported the site had 11.7 million unique U.S. visitors, making it the fastest site ever to break through the 10 million unique visitor mark.
- According to Shareaholic, Pinterest is driving more traffic to company websites and blogs than YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn combined.
- Hitwise ranks Pinterest #7 in the top 10 most visited social media websites.
- According to Pinterest, 70% of users are female.
What can golf courses use Pinterest for?
- Pinterest allows you to create a visual representation of your business. This can mean your best golf images but given the ratio of female users it should also include attractive food, decor, wedding and banquet images.
- Pinterest can allow you to build interest and awareness for upcoming events, services and products.
- You can create different boards for different topics to segment your audience so people can choose what they want to follow instead of having to follow all your boards. This is a good way to target followers. i.e. A Pinterest user may not care about golf but is planning a wedding and wants to see what new images you post.
- Golf courses can create videos and pin them on a special board. Everyone loves video. If you are already using YouTube you can pin the same videos on Pinterest to give you double the chance of users finding them and sharing them.
- Pinterest can increase website traffic.You can provide links from all of your pins to your website or Facebook fan page and get new sources of traffic.
- Your website provider can put a “pin it” widget on your website so readers can bookmark & share your posts and images on Pinterest.
6S Marketing, a Vancouver based company has shared a set of slides that describe Pinterest in detail. We have posted the link for those interested in more information. The slide share is entitled “Pinterest for Business – A Battle of the Sexes”.
We have been using Pinterest since December 2011 for CK Golf Solutions and several clients. If you would like to discuss how we are using Pinterest or require an invitation from another user to set up your page please feel free to give Tara a call at 604-379-9331 or email [email protected]. For more from CK Golf Solutions you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook for links and tips on social media and about all things Vancouver.