LinkedIn Is Relevant
LinkedIn is still a very relevant B2B (business to business) marketing and connection platform for business owners and managers. Founded in 2002 LinkedIn has 525 Million users (15+ Million in Canada and 150+ Million in the U.S.). LinkedIn (in our opinion) is not really a ‘social network’ site but more of a networking website where you can connect with other business minded people. The platform was acquired by Microsoft in 2012. The best thing about LinkedIn is that are only the very rare cat videos posted by users.
Why Your Business Should Be Using LinkedIn
- Every golf course owner/ operator is having trouble recruiting for various positions. LinkedIn users are an estimated 50% college graduates. About 90% of recruiters report using LinkedIn.
- Social media website Hubspot reported that LinkedIn is 277% better at generating sales leads than Facebook or Twitter. 79% of Linkedin marketers reports using the platform for lead generation. (Think group bookings, corporate events etc).
- Your business can be found by perspective employees searching on LinkedIn. If you don’t have a business page, they can’t find you or your job posting. Over 65 Million businesses are on LinkedIn.
- Most users, 39%, pay for a LinkedIn service making it almost completely free from advertising.
- Only 12% of buyers want to meet in-person with a salesperson, and only 16% want to discuss options with a rep on the phone. 74% of B2B buyers conduct more than half of their purchase research online before they buy.
Adding LinkedIn to your marketing strategy can help you expand your network, find clients/customers/ staff and create a professional image for you and your business. What are you waiting for?
We, Jeff and Tara Ciecko of CK Golf write two blogs, one is our 19th Hole Blog where we share personal experiences and the other an Industry Blog where we comment on general business and internet marketing best practices, sales strategies and give golf industry related opinions. We have owned CK Golf for 10 years and provide business services to the golf and other industries. As of August 2016 our life and our business is ‘location independent’. Our 19th Hole Blog is about the places we visit and the things we do. If you have any questions or comments, or happen to be in the same location as us please reach out and contact us anytime.