We’ve previously written many blogs on internet marketing and offer services in this area to help grow you business. You can view that here.
Email remains one of the most important aspects of marketing your business can use. It is so much more than a communication tool (the way most golf courses use it). It is a marketing tool yes, but it is also a huge sales tool. The subject line maybe the most important part of your email marketing strategy. Below are our do’s and don’ts of your subject line:
Email Marketing Do’s:
- Be short and descriptive. Long subject lines may be viewed as spam.
- Use short and proper grammar without abbreviations.
- Entice the reader with your text and/ or offer.
Email Marketing Don’ts
- Use all CAPS, that is shouting and people don’t like shouters.
- Use excessive punctuation no one likes !!! or ??? in their email subject lines.
- Use words like “offer”, “free” or “special” to name a few. That is a quick way to have your email deleted.
We, Jeff and Tara Ciecko of CK Golf write two blogs, one is our 19th Hole Blog where we share personal experiences and the other an Industry Blog where we comment on general business and internet marketing best practices, sales strategies and give golf industry related opinions. We have owned CK Golf for 10 years and provide marketing, social media and business services to the golf and other industries. As of August 2016 our life and our business have been ‘location independent’. Our 19th Hole Blog is about the places we visit and the things we do. If you have any questions or comments, or happen to be in the same location as us please reach out and contact us anytime.