What Social Media Site Gets the Most Engagement?
Three of the most popular sites for customer engagement are Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. But a series of studies over the last year have been done to see which platform had the most interaction from their related fan base. Twitter and Facebook came relatively close but Instagram has been blowing them both clean out of the water.
The Love of Photos
Lots of people love to take photos (us included). And as smartphones with high resolution cameras began to get better and better Instagram jumped in to tap into everyone’s desire to share great looking photos with their friends. Enter filters. Instagram can make even a mediocre photo look impressive. Instagram is also simple to use and very intuitive. To like a post, click the heart. To comment, just start typing.
Engagement in Numbers
Instagram now has over 75 million users every day (and 300 million total) and users are split almost 50/50 between men and women. A study by Forrester analyzed 3 million user interactions with 2,500 brand posts on seven social networks. Instagram posts generated a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21%. That means the app delivered brands 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook and 120 times more engagement per follower than Twitter.
Get posting on Instagram
If your golf course or other business is not finding engagement on other social platforms then now is the time to start using Instagram or increase your usage of it. Here are some tips to get you going…
- Take lots of good looking photos. Quality of your photos is much more important on Instagram than it is on Facebook. Think about areas of your operation that customers don’t usually get to see.
- Post regularly – one or twice a day if you can manage it.
- Get your team involved – having your golf pro or teaching pro, your superintendent and your clubhouse manager post once a day gives you lots of diverse content.
- Use your photos to tell people something about your brand, products, services, etc but do not sell.
- Engage with your followers. Like their posts and add comments when appropriate. Interact as any other person not a brand.
It is no surprise that Instagram is Tara’s favorite platform. Jeff is still a ‘Twitter’er’ at heart but also uses Instagram quite a bit. We look forward to seeing, liking and commenting on your photos!
We, Jeff & Tara Ciecko of CK Golf write two blogs, one is our 19th Hole Blog where we share personal experiences and the other a Biz Blog where we comment on general business and internet marketing best practices, golf course marketing and give golf industry related opinions. We have owned CK Golf for 7+ years and provide marketing, social media and business services to the golf and other industries. Our 19th Hole Blog is about the places we visit and the things we do. When we say that we like or dislike something or have a good or bad experience this is our opinion and the truth as we see it, not something we have been paid for. If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact us anytime.